Role: Laser Technician/ Medical Aesthetician
A new, state-of-the art dermatology practice is looking for a fun, friendly, fast-paced group of staff ready to work diligently to the growth of the practice. A candidate that fits in the practice will need to be detail-oriented and creative. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be professional and courteous, and maintain a smile through it all. The organization values personal growth and professional development and appreciates an individual’s enthusiasm, collegiality, integrity, and reliability. Seeking a very organized, assertive, and responsible individual who is skilled in making sure the customer feels appreciated. These skills are necessary. Additionally, a candidate would need to have the ability to think and react to events effectively and swiftly. Active current certifications and minimum 3-year work experience required.
The job duties listed below are representative and characteristic of the duties required, and the level of the work performed in the job title. The duties will vary depending on employee’s knowledge and experience. Additional duties can be assigned to the employee at the discretion of the supervisor. Previous experience of at least 3 years is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Certified Laser Technician
- Licensed Medical Aesthetician
- Substantial experience with lasers and IPL machines preferred
- Experience with preparing Botox, Restylane, and other fillers preferred
- Experience with microdermabrasion and chemical peels preferred
- Experience with Laser Hair Removal preferred
- Computer literate and Electronic Medical Record Experience
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Treat patients and coworkers with respect.
- Schedule patient appointments for spa services and consultations
- Be available for patient consultation at request of physician
- Perform cosmetic procedures as directed by physician
- Room patients, thoroughly explain treatment, expected results and potential risks, obtain patient signature on appropriate consents.
- Educate patients about our services and skincare products
- Assist patients in skincare products selection
- Prepare patients for injections and other procedures by physician
- Follow up with patients after treatment
- Document patient and treatment information
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Wash and sterilize supplies, instruments and equipment daily
- Set up, clean and disinfect esthetician rooms daily
- Responsible for maintaining equipment
Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Experience with electronic medical records